Barzani singled «Middle East» out with a lengthy dialogue in which he talked about his leading role in the party…
who began working in it since the age of less than 16 years, and about the Government of the region , and the relationship of the region of Kurdistan with Baghdad, and the ways to solve the problem of Kirkuk, drawing the attention to the importance of the U.S. forces remaining at the present time .The following is the text of the dialogue:
* How do the so-called old guard of the Kurdistan Democratic Party accepted the leadership of the young Nejirvan Barzani, of the party?
- Those whom you called as the old guard, were young like us, when they began their march of struggle for the cause of the Kurdish people in the very difficult stages of the Kurdish revolution history . They gave and sacrificed and tired a lot . They fought in the mountains, and we the present and future generation look at them as adult teachers, and we will benefit from their experiences and experience and wisdom in the political work.
Q: Do you find that there is a chance for change within the Kurdistan Democratic Party?
- Talking about the change in the party does not mean a coup in the march of the party, but we are working together, the older generation and we, and those who joined the party latter, all have to acclimate with the changes taking place, not only in the party, or only in Iraq but also in the world .This acceptance and understanding of these changes is enjoyed by members of our party, both of our ancestors, or the new generation.
Q: Are you worried about the situation in the region with the demonstrations that took place in the city of Sulaymaniyah?
- We can not say that what happened in Sulaymaniyah did not affect the situation here , and at the same time what happened can not be described as a commotion . When a few thousands of people come down to the street as demonstrators we should listen to their demands and know what they want.
* How do you find the future of the situation here in the region?
- There are criteria to assess the situation, according to these criteria, we are optimistic about the future of the region.
Q: Do you count on reviving the initiative of President Massaud Barzani to resolve the political crisis in Iraq?
- President Barzani, made a genuine and great effort to solve what he can solve such as the problems of the political crisis in Baghdad, and I think he would continue his sincere efforts with all Iraqi parties to resolve the crisis, and in order to reach good results to solve problems. What he does is making dialogues with all parties to find a mechanism to get out of this crisis.
Q: How do you see the subject of the U.S. troops withdrawal?
- Before we answer this question, the Iraqi political parties are to think about this subject in a very realistic way. In fact, we Iraqis, need the presence of these forces at the present time , and the day will come when these forces must leave Iraq after our forces to complete their readiness of training, armament, and adequate preparation.
|< Prev||Next >|